We feel so strongly about community involvement that when the Adopt-A-Highway opportunity came up, we jumped on it. Our little two-mile section of the 101 is at the north end of Goleta and every month Blenders In the Grass founders Scott, Art and Keric don their vests and hard-hats to help make our little corner of paradise a lot cleaner than they found it.
From the beginning, one of our main goals at Blenders in the Grass has been to be an active member of our community. We all live in the Santa Barbara area and know it is an incredibly special place, and we are proud to do our part in keeping it that way. To that end we are committed to supporting local schools, athletic teams, and organizations through donations and sponsorships.
Some examples include:
- Raised over $3200 for Santa Barbara Cottage Children's Hospital in 2012
- DAWG: Assists with high school fundraising in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties
- Raised over $5500 for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in 2009
- Primary sponsor of the Blenders Volleyball League, a developmental league providing quality competition for local girls.
- Sponsorship of Westmont Women’s Basketball.
- Providing healthy lunch-time smoothies and financial support to Santa Barbara and Oxnard area middle and high school lunch programs.
- Volunteer guest lecturers for Santa Barbara City College Extension and UCSB International Studies programs.
- Drop-off site for holiday Food-For-Families canned foods drive, benefiting local families.
- On-site participant in numerous local elementary school work experience programs.
- Over $5000 in gift cards donated annually to local school, charity, team, and organization fundraisers.
- Ongoing financial support of Dos Pueblos, Goleta South, and Orcutt Little Leagues.
- Over $1000.00 in gift cards to fundraisers for Tea Fire Victims.
- Donated to Alzheimer’s Association Food for Thought Campaign.
- Assists with high school fundraising in Ventura County.